In 2014, the National Off-Highway Vehicle Conservation Council (NOHVCC), and the Bureau of Land Management (BLM), partnered to develop a National Motorized Recreation Action Strategy. This was designed to help the BLM develop individual state action plans for providing high quality OHV opportunities and develop partnerships to help maintain those opportunities. The strategies will guide the BLM in future Resource Management Plans (RMP) and Travel Management Plans (TMP); however, the strategies are NOT part of a specific travel management plan. In developing these strategies, enthusiasts will have a chance to share thoughts on the following topics:
- What activities are taking place on BLM managed lands?
- Where in general are OHV activities taking place?
- What experiences are you looking for on BLM managed lands?
- Where might these missing activities fit on BLM managed lands?
- What could the BLM do better to enhance your recreation experience?
Thanks to funding from the BLM and management of the planning meetings and planning process by NOHVCC and working directly with COHVCO, Colorado can join those states who have already finished their planning. Go to https://www.nohvcc.org/nohvcc-initiatives/blm, scroll down, and read current plans created by other western states. It will help you to participate in the statewide planning session in your area.
The first round of listening sessions:
- January 27: Alamosa, CO | 6pm-9pm
Alamosa Family Recreation Center, 2222 Old Sanford Rd, 81101
- January 28: Pueblo, CO | 6pm-9pm
Pueblo Convention Center, 320 Central Main Street, 81003
- January 29: Colorado Springs, CO | 6pm-9pm
Colorado Springs Marriott, 5580 Tech Center Drive, 80919
- January 30: Vail, CO | 6pm-9pm
DoubleTree by Hilton Vail, 2211 N Frontage Road W, 81657
- January 31: Greenwood Village, CO | 6pm-9pm
Fay Myers Motorcycle World, 9700 E Arapahoe Road, 80112
- February 1: Denver, CO | 9am-12pm
DoubleTree by Hilton Denver-Thornton, 83 E 120th Avenue, Denver, 80233
- February 3: Fort Collins, CO | 6pm-9pm
Fort Collins Mariott, 350 E Horsetooth Rd Fort Collins, 80525
The second round of planning meetings will be published in the near future.